Addressing all aspects of healthy ageing – you can influence the way you age!
You may not realise that many seemingly independent or unrelated health problems can impact on your health as you age. We don’t need to accept these as a normal part of ageing. Here are some examples:
- Acid reflux
- Low immune defence, frequent infections
- Arthritis/stiff and painful joints, inflammatory conditions
- Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Lack of energy, exhaustion or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The right nutrition can make a huge difference to the way you feel. Through personalised consultations I will provide practical solutions planned especially for your needs and your lifestyle.
We all need to bear these things in mind so we can benefit from the wealth of good health as we age:
- Strengthen your gut with the future in mind – you need to absorb the food you eat, otherwise you won’t benefit from the nutrients which affect all aspects of health.
- Feed your brain – our brains are largely composed of fat, so we need to eat the right kinds of fats and other nutrients to keep alert and avoid dementia.
- Support your immune system so you are less likely to succumb to illness and you’re more likely to bounce back from illness more quickly.
- Eat to keep your joints healthy, to avoid aches and pains and to enjoy an active lifestyle.
- Over-eating sugar isn’t only about avoiding Diabetes, sugar is detrimental in lots of ways because it prevents our cells from working properly.
- Detoxifying efficiently is vital to good health – think about how your kitchen would be if you didn’t regularly empty your bin! We need to support our bodies in clearing out the rubbish!
How do we decide what to eat to keep ourselves healthy and optimise our well being as we age?
Deborah Lacey, a Registered Nutritional Therapist and founder of Fresh Horizons Nutrition, is trained to analyse each client’s diet and lifestyle habits and to provide safe, well balanced, individualised programmes to suit each person’s unique health requirements and fit in with their daily routines. It is important to note that this is not about “going on a diet”, but embracing the positive benefits of some foods and combinations that are easy to prepare, taste great, and are specifically chosen to benefit you by addressing your particular concerns to optimise your health and wellbeing.
My vision is to create a shift in mindset to show all kinds of people from all walks of life they can enjoy long life AND good health.
How Nutrition Therapy can help you
Through application of Nutritional Therapy, Deborah will assess your health concerns and guide you in promoting efficient functioning of the systems of your body which are all influenced by the foods you eat.
Promoting a healthy immune system
Maintaining healthy blood sugar balance and improved energy levels
Encouraging gut health and natural detoxification
Ensuring you are doing all you can to age healthily
Health conditions we can address
Pressures of modern life are constantly impacting on our health and a unique programme designed to address your specific health needs, with support from Deborah, can enhance your ability to adapt to these pressures on a physical level as well as encouraging wellbeing both emotionally and psychologically.
Irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal complaints
Cardiovascular problems including heart health
Chronic fatigue and other energy-related disorders