Nutritional Therapy incorporates the use of nutrition to support each individual in achieving their potential in terms of optimal health, vitality and wellbeing. It looks to identify nutritional imbalances by considering an individual’s symptoms and health concerns, and supports them in promoting and maintaining good health by devising a personalised programme of nutrition. Whilst similarities do exist, each individual’s body and lifestyle is unique and therefore their individualised programme will require a different emphasis.
Nutritional Therapy is complementary, as opposed to alternative, and can work alongside traditional medical advice. Fresh Horizons Nutrition will not contradict or dissuade clients from following the advice of their medical practitioner, but offer a supportive programme with a nutritional focus which may involve dietary adjustments, specific food recommendations, supplements and lifestyle changes. Various tests may sometimes be recommended to investigate, for example, an underlying hormonal imbalance or nutrient deficiency.
Clients may be assured that the consultation will be fully confidential and no information held will be released to third parties without the permission of the client, or unless there was a legal obligation to do so. Deborah is a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy and is bound by their code of conduct and ethical practice.
Examples of where Nutritional Therapy may be of help
- Promoting a health immune system and support against autoimmune conditions
- Optimising energy levels and vitality including advice on adrenal fatigue and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Supporting natural detoxification to help increase energy and vitality
- Healthy ageing
- Support in recuperation after illness or surgery
- Optimising digestive function and understanding how best to alleviate Irritable Bowel Syndrome and chronic gut disorders
- Management of blood-sugar balance and protection against Type 2 Diabetes and pre-diabetic states